Monday, April 18, 2016

Cold Station

I dreaded the cold and winters in Johnstown (PA) because it meant that the train station wouldn’t be heated.  So that’s how Amtrak saves money, it all makes sense now.  I’ve had my eureka moment.  Trust me it sucked.  Plus, the freight trains always delayed Amtrak’s great service.  So it was rare that the Amtrak train was on time.

I never understood why when we got to the Harrisburg station.  They gave the smokers a 15-minute smoke break.  So much for getting home early.  I guess Amtrak thinks that lung cancer is a commodity on the futures exchange.  I guess Amtrak should be happy, I never smoked.  So I don’t have an excuse to sue them.  Rats, now I’ll have to get a real job.  I’ll never forget the one time we got to Harrisburg early and they added the time to the smoke break.  The train turned into a sauna because it was a hot summer day and all the doors were open.  The Amtrak people were brilliant on that day in 2008.
In case you’re wondering, this post is about Amtrak’s Pennsylvanian Line, it goes from Pittsburgh to Grand Central Station (nyc) and the opposite direction.

You can get AAA discounts when you buy train tickets.  If you’re a member.

links
http://rebirthedsky.blogspot.com/2016/04/branches-near-my-house.html
https://www.facebook.com/travelmysteryblog/

No comments:

Post a Comment