Friday, September 30, 2016

Smithsonian Natural History Museum

This is an amazing museum, with a lot of education value whether you believe in evolution or not, unfortunately the National Fossil Hall was closed when I went to this museum in July and doesn't open until 2019.

One of the first things you see in the museum is this tyrannosaurus rex head.

The first major room I went into was the room with all the sea creature fossils which are hung from the rafters.  Cool fish and here's some pictures.







 

The next room I went into was the exhibit that has all the stuffed animals which to me seemed pointless but its there if you want to look at it.

 
I thought the skeleton room was cool and interesting.  Some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
 








 
As I said in the beginning the fossil room was closed but they had a small room with a couple dinosaurs in it.




the rest of the pictures, the last one is a statue outside of the museum.


Address
10th St. & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560
Hours
10-5 all week unless its a holiday
updates

No comments:

Post a Comment