Thursday, October 1, 2015

Oxhead Tavern

I was researching restaurants in Sturbridge during the time period (July 3-5), that I would be in the region for a relatives wedding.  This place wasn't at the top of the list.  The top two were B.T. Smokehouse and Sturbridge Seafood.  I went to the seafood restaurant but I could never find the smokehouse.  Since I didn't have my car I was limited to restaurants that were in walking distance.

I had to find some place to eat on July 4th since the wedding was in the evening.  So I walked down the main drag and noticed that hardly any place was open so against my better judgment I decided to go to this restaurant even though the reviews on yelp were mixed.

I walked into Oxhead and thought this is interesting.  I looked at the menu once I sat down and ordered the chicken pot pie, it came with green beans.  The food took forever and the waitress seemed to be only interested in hanging out at the bar so she could talk to the other employees.  When the food came out, I was hoping it would taste good.  What I got instead was a pot pie with dry chicken and a lousy crust.  The green beans were over salted. 

If I was in the region would I come back to this place? Nope.

Oxhead Tavern
366 Main St
Sturbridge, MA 01566
(508) 347-7393      

No comments:

Post a Comment