Monday, March 23, 2015

claymont steak shop

The day was march 21 and it was supper time.  I was at a conference with nobody around and I was hungry.  So I went down the list of restaurants they provided and picked this one out.

The restaurant was Claymont Steak Shop in Newark Delaware.  The drive was under ten minutes.  This spot is close to the University of Delaware.  When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the wall at the end of the restaurant which has a picture of their college football team.  When I ordered my cheesesteak the staff was polite.

I didn't' stay at the steak shop.  I drove back to the conference. 

The cheesesteak was tasty.  The one surprise was when I normally get onions in cheesesteaks it usually hinders the quality.  This time it raised the bar, finally a place that doesn't use onions as filler for a cheese steak.  The cheese steak was awesome.

57 elkton road
Newark Delaware 19711
302-453-9500

 

No comments:

Post a Comment